Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Purple People Eater


Happy Fat Tuesday!  Although I never really celebrate Mardi Gras (but would really love to experience the season in New Orleans one day), I created a little decoration to celebrate the festivities.  The bold, bright colors in the mask and beads I had on hand reminded me of a bold, bright purple dress I have that would be perfect to wear to the office as a subtle yet bold celebration of Mardi Gras:


Inspired by this bright purple shift, I have created two different outfits- one for work and one for play- that will hopefully help to inspire some outfit ideas of your own.  While I love heels (the higher the better!) flats can be substituted in both of these outfits- a classy closed toe flat for the office, and a fun, strappy flat sandal for play (that would be especially useful for walking on the cobblestone streets in New Orleans).

Fat Tuesday - Work




Fat Tuesday - Play

No comments:

Post a Comment