Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Color Blocking



Just in case you haven't heard, color blocking is a huge trend this season.  Runways were filled with bright colors stacked on top of each other, and magazines and clothing retailers have gone mad for this colorful fashion passion.   I have yet to try this method of pairing one plain-colored but bright clothing item with another piece whose attributes are the same, but as the weather warms up and the sun stays out, I will find my motivation to wear a color blocked outfit.  For now, I have dreamed up some ways to pair colors and color block some outfits, and I hope these fashion ideas help to inspire you to pull out those bright pieces from your closet and don them one sunny day this spring.  Tell me, what two bright colors are your favorite to pair together?

















Color Blocking: Just a Smattering

Color Blocking: Just a Smattering by ParticularlyPracticallyPretty


P.S.- Check out The Man Repeller for a hysterical look at color blocking, as well as J's Everyday Fashion and Taylor at Sterling Style for some excellent real-life-color-blocking inspiration.


No comments:

Post a Comment