Monday, June 6, 2011

Wonders from the Weekend

< You can complain because roses have thorns, or you can rejoice because thorns have roses >


This past weekend included a road trip for some fabulous times visiting family and friends in the Central Valley.  The June weather in the city my husband and I visited is usually quite warm with temperatures reaching triple digits, but the weather this weekend was nowhere near feeling that summery- bouts of light rain fell from a very gray sky for most of Saturday, and the sun managed to peek out for a bit on Sunday before more rain pelted down on us.  The t-ball games my husband and I were hoping to cheer at were missed because of the weather, but we did enjoy the chance to catch up with some family we have not seen in a while, dine with some good friends we go way back with, view a beautiful garden and its blooms, take some time to relax, and indulge in a lot of delicious, home-cooked food.  All in all, it was a fairly quiet but quite enjoyable weekend.  I enjoyed the time back home catching up with everyone, and will be glad to start this week off with such great memories from this road trip.    


< Some light jackets I packed for the trip... I laughed at the fact that jackets are needed in June!! >


< View of the pasture at the family "ranch" >


< Enjoyed seeing some flowers bloom despite the late rain this year >


< Homemade vanilla tea cake cookies melt in your mouth >


< Finally, some warm weather... and oh my goodness, there are now 100,000 miles on my car! >

No comments:

Post a Comment