Thursday, May 3, 2012

Trip packing

< Packing pants, skirts, shirts, & sweaters to mix & match >

I’ll let you in on a little secret (if you haven't heard already) : I am off on a wonderful vacation!  I have been so excited about this trip, and can’t wait to share pictures with you in the coming weeks.  Since I am often on the road (not usually for vacation), I find myself packing quite often in life.  To be honest, I am not the lightest packer out there- after all, my travel motto is “Better to have and not need, than to need and not have!”  I am happy to share some of my packing rituals, and give you a little peek into my vacation wardrobe.  When I am uncertain of the weather, I pack for everything from cold to hot, rainy to sandal weather.  I try to stick to one color theme, so that many items can be mixed and matched to create new and different outfits- I chose blues and browns for this trip, with a splash of green here and there.  Luckily, with several days of outfit editing and convincing myself not to overpack, I was able to pack everything for roughly a 2 week vacation in my trusty 24-inch suitcase.  It's a good thing this suitcase is sturdy!  Also, stay tuned in the coming weeks for outfit posts from my trip!


< Jackets for rainy days, cold weather, and keeping yourself looking put together >


 
< Scarves for layering, and dresses to mix and match with sweaters, and shirts to wear them as skirts >

 
< Roll all items except super bulky ones- this will help you save so much room in your suitcase! >


 < Pack shoes for walking- lots and lots of walking! >


< One larger purse for days when you ned it, and a small cross-body bag for other days.  Belts are packed too, for helping to pull outfits together >


 < Running shoes are packed, too- and used to transport socks and save room in the suitcase! >


< Shoes, clothes, and scarves fit neatly into my suitcase and are ready for the trip! >

1 comment:

  1. Excellent packing skills my friend! I am very impressed! And I've seen in person how many great outfits you can pull together from this collection! xoxo

    ReplyDelete