This past weekend flew by, just like every weekend seems to do these days! Time was enjoyed watching fall sunsets, making great memories with special people in our lives, celebrating a few birthdays, and enjoying delicious food. It is hard to believe that September is already coming to an end, but the last few months of this year are going to be amazing- I just know it! I am looking forward to all the wonderful things that October always holds- time for scarves and sweaters, hot apple cider, pumpkin carving, hearty soups, and the crunch of autumn leaves. Whatever you are facing this week, make it a great one, 3P style- and have a fabulous start to October!
Friday, September 27, 2013
TGIF, 3P pretties! What a week- one of my favorite parts of the past few busy days has been sharing fall inspiration here on the blog- I have said it before and am saying it again now- fall is pretty much my favorite season! Thanks to Pinterest and other inspirational sites around the web, I can find inspiring ideas for fall (and any other season) exactly when I need it! Here are a few of my obsessions this first week of fall. Have a wonderful weekend, 3P style, and I will see you back here next week!
1. I would totally love it if Amy Poehler and Tina Fey hosted every show or event. (vulture.com)
2. Loving this simple and artsy watercolor pumpkins project. (viewalongtheway.com)
3. Bucket list: visit these top 18 spots for fall color (totally virtually visiting my New England trip from last fall). (sunset.com)
4. Baking and cooking up delicious fall food is great on cool evenings- this pumpkin spice granola will be delicious to have on hand for breakfasts and snacking. (foodiewithfamily.com)
5. Jewel-tones are some of my favorite to wear, and I'm digging this color blocked look for fall (simplify your jewel toned look with a color blocked dress here or here- both on sale!). (pinterest.com)
6. Change your life for the better a little bit at a time with simple 30 day challenges. (ted.com)
7. College dressing material now turns into trendy street style- so cozy looking but not sure I am going to adopt this trend quite yet. (stylecaster.com)
8. How fun is this cute boo cake for Halloween? (iambaker.net)
9. Who knew mastering a cherry red lip could be so simple? I am looking forward to trying this bright lip this fall. (refinery29.com)
Thursday, September 26, 2013
With all of the fall inspiration included in this week's 3P posts, I am definitely excited to share my love of plaid prints! Plaid is the perfect way to hone in on a fall or winter vibe, and will always provide a classically chic look. My Scottish heritage might be one of the reasons I love a good plaid, but with so many seriously great plaids out there this fall thanks to the "borrowed from the boys" looks which are so popular this season, this pattern is definitely one to embrace this season!
Plaid looks to add an autumn vibe to the space you call home:
Plaid looks to add to your wardrobe- classic patterns that will last forever:
Wednesday, September 25, 2013
Hello there, 3P lovelies! The mornings are feeling like fall in my neck of the woods, but the afternoon sunshine is still heating things up to summer-like temperatures. No matter what time of day it is, I am still dreaming of fall fashion and sharing all kinds of that inspiration here on the blog this week! (See other fall trend inspiration here and here.) Have you seen all the pink coats popping up everywhere for this season? I think this pretty pastel color is going to be such a great way to lighten up the darker colors that typically come with cold weather fashion. Plus, I cannot imagine feeling anything but absolutely girly, glamorous, and totally happy in a light pink coat this autumn! Here are three ways you can mix and match a light pink coat with your outfits for this glorious fall season.
< One: Add crimson >
< Two: Add sage >
< Three: add gray >
Tuesday, September 24, 2013
Boots and closed-toe shoes are perfect for fall. On this Tuesday Tootsies shoe focused kind of day, I am happy to share my favorite styles and a few great finds for fall shoes. These should all keep your toesies warm and toast, and ultra-stylish, on any fall day!
3P Fall Shoe Guide
Monday, September 23, 2013
< fancy Pumpkin Meringue Tartelettes for your inner baker > (tartletteblog.com)
Cool gray days, chunky knit scarves, apple picking, hot drinks and soups, pumpkin carving... there are so many delightful traditions to appreciate about the autumn season. With the last day of summer officially behind us, this 3P blog will be filled with all sorts of fall inspiration this week. And to kick the autumn excitement off, here are a few delicious pumpkin recipes to try this fall.
< use real pumpkin to create a homemade pumpkin pie > (bhg.com)
< cake-like pumpkin donuts with buttermilk glaze > (portuguesegirlcooks.com)
< macaroni and cheese made with pumpkin- this is worth a try for an autumn dinner! > (bhg.com)
< whoopie pies are always a delicious treat, and I can't wait to try my hand at these Pumpkin Spice Whoopies > (bhg.com)
Friday, September 20, 2013
TGIF, 3P pretties! Well, this week flew by after Wednesday and I am so glad that the weekend is almost here! I am looking forward to enjoying a warm cup of tea on the cool fall weekend mornings, and am planning a ton of productive and fun activities for the next two days. Might even do a little online shopping (see above). For a little break in your Friday or with your own cup of joe on a relaxing weekend morning, enjoy browsing through my current obsessions around the web. Have a great weekend, 3P style, and I will see you back here next week!
1. I can't wait to take out my fall decorations and am totally inspired by this beautiful autumn mantle-scape. (jenniferrizzo.com)
2. Great step-by-step process on how to take your own measurements for online shopping (whowhatwear.com)
3. For a little laughter in your day, take a look at these funny animal photobombs- the giraffe really made me smile! (nypost.com)
4. Looking forward to whipping up this super-easy pizza for a relaxing and delicious weekend night in. (bestfriendsforfrosting.com)
5. Loved this polka dot dress as seen at Milan Fashion week (find similar dresses here and here). (harpersbazaar.com)
6. Can't wait to try this easy knot updo- ideally perfect for a fancy event after a long day! (refinery29.com)
7. This fall, foxes are really on my mind and I can't wait to make this fox sweater mine. (oldnavy.com)
8. Glad to know that students really do learn stuff on field trips- this strongly encourages my adult feeling to always keep traveling and exploring. (theatlantic.com)
9. For an easy statement necklace that will work great for any fall occasion, check out this beautiful kahlo bib necklace- it also comes in 'metallic' colors. (stelladot.com)
Wednesday, September 18, 2013
While fashion week is happening in the NY/London/Paris locations and I am excited about the new spring looks for next year, I am trying to stay focused on fall fashion to wear this year. Fall is one of my favorite seasons and I am looking forward to scarf weather, hot pumpkin-spiced drinks, and warm blankets to cuddle up in by the fire. Here are three easy fall trends you can incorporate into your wardrobe this autumn, and simply feel super stylish!
These sweet colors in heavy materials will keep you bundled against the chill and provide a nice contrast to typical darker autumn hues. (J.Crew coat, Modcloth Tulle coat)
Plaids, herringbone, houndstooth, and pinstripes, oh my! Throw on any item of clothing with one of these prints borrowed from the boys and you will be set to run the day!
Tuesday, September 17, 2013
Back in high school, my best friends and I all chose our favorite colors, and these colors have all been seen in each of our weddings. For my best friend's wedding last weekend, she highlighted 'her color' (aka, green) in much of her wedding details, including the sweet gifts she shared with us bridesmaids. Here's a peek at my wonderful new M bag that is going to be very useful, my new favorite green heels that have received so many compliments already, and some sparkly cascading earrings that I will always cherish. And the reason this post is perfect for today?? It's my best friend's birthday! Happy Birthday to you, BFF! (And thanks for all of these green goodies!)
Monday, September 16, 2013
< caught a beautiful evening by this water fountain I love >
This weekend went by way too quickly and I can hardly believe that we are already halfway through September! The fall weather is right around the corner and I just can't wait. I got to enjoy time with great friends, squeeze in some R&R, and welcome some new college students with the rest of my awesome alumni group- just what I needed after a few busy weeks! I'm looking forward to making this coming week a great one, 3P style (of course!) and hope that you are too!
< Saturday morning reading and DIY inspiration for this fall >
< rearranged leftover florals from my best friend's wedding to create this cheery little centerpiece >
< it is a happy day (or night) when you get to enjoy delicious sushi with your best girlfriends >
< a delightful evening in this beautiful backyard, where we got to enjoy great food and happy times with the fabulous alumni group we call family >
Friday, September 13, 2013
Happy Friday and TGIF to all you 3P lovelies out there! So glad that this day is here and the weekend is so near. Just some links to love on this lovely day. Have a great weekend, 3P style, and I will see you back here next week!
1. Target's fall collection is killing it in my book. (target.com)
2. An easy new use for an old item: a paper towel holder as a ribbon rack. (bhg.com)
3. If I had an extra room in my house, I would gladly make my dream of a dressing room come into fruition. (inspiredwives.com)
4. Hysterical tutorial on how to take the funniest awkward engagement photo. (huffingtonpost.com)
5. Inspiring advice to your 23-year-old (and current) self. (theeverygirl.com)
6. Even though fall is approaching, this peach and nectarine buckle will still be delicious with those summer time fruits. (bakeorbreak.com)
7. Wearing white after Labor Day is now totally acceptable, and I love the white in this varsity jacket for fall. (madewell.com)
8. A cute DIY you just might see made into something similar on this blog soon- a pearl Kate-esque stopper for your bubbly. (forthemakers.com)
9. My vanity area is no salon, but this hot iron holster would come in handy. (containerstore.com)
Thursday, September 12, 2013
Ahh, summer dresses are my favorite! Daily dresses are basically what this daily dressing post is all about. I know that fall is here for some of us and pretty much right around the corner for my neck of the woods, but you may see some more summer kind of dresses on this 3P girl until autumn weather really hits. And when the cool weather does finally arrive, short boots and sweaters or leather jackets will easily transition these kinds of dresses into fall. But for now, enjoy these fun colors and the sunshine in these photos.
< Outfit 1: roses are red >
Purse: Olivia + Joy
Jewelry: Ross (watch); F21 (bangle); Stella & Dot Olivia Bib necklace
< Outfit 2: black leather and white >
< Outfit 3: abstract designs >
Dress: Ross (similar bargain)
Heels: Kenneth Cole
< Outfit 4: ruffles and flowers >
Bag: Liz Claiborne (love this one)
Heels: Kenneth Cole
Jewelry: Simply Vera Wang, Stella & Dot (necklaces); Briel (watch, similar); Stella & Dot bracelet (similar); Tiffany (ring)
< Outfit 5: green lean >
Bag: ON (similar)
Jewelry: Betsey Johnson (earrings); Target (watch); Tiffany (bracelet); F21 (rings)
< Outfit 6: pink and sparkles >
Occasion: coffee date
Heels: Simply Vera Wang
Weekly Wardrobe Win
Wednesday, September 11, 2013
Tuesday, September 10, 2013
< supplies: 18-pack egg cartons, scissors, raphia, and spray paint (not pictured: glitter and glue gun) >
Making a little DIY gift for someone close to your heart is probably one of the most thoughtful kind of presents your can give. This past weekend, full of celebrations for my best friend and her new husband, was filled with thoughtful little details every moment. I knew I would be hosting my best friend one night before her wedding and wanted to add a few personal touches to highlight her special day and how treasured her friendship is. A few years ago, she and I spied the neatest garland in an Anthropologie window display, and I knew I wanted to replicate that idea to decorate my space when my best friend stayed over. So I saved up some egg cartons, gathered a selection of spray paint, tossed in a little glitter for fun, and whipped up this recycled DIY garland. Thankfully, the time that was put in to this little project paid off, and the egg carton garland was a hit!
< to make the 'blossoms,' cut the center row from the 18-pack egg carton and use the middle 5 pieces- these will all have 4 corner points and will provide the look of a 'blossom' >
< spray paint your 'blossoms' in your desired colors- I added a little glitter in the center of each blossom to give a subtle hint of sparkle >
< cut each section of egg carton rows into individual pieces- these are the egg crate blossoms for your garland! Use hot glue to attach the blossoms to your raphia (twine or string will also work) >
< hang your DIY egg carton garland for all to enjoy! >
Monday, September 9, 2013
This past weekend was jam packed with fun times and some of the best memories ever. I was so honored to be a part of all of those times as a bridesmaid supporting my best friend during her fabulous wedding festivities. My heart is still so happy from those celebratory days, and I know my BFF and her husband are going to have a wonderful life together. It's time to get back in action this week, but pardon my 3P brain still on a high from all of the happiness I got to experience during this past wedding weekend!