Thursday, June 14, 2012

Trail mix mash-up



Some of my favorite childhood memories are from summer activities that included a snack of homemade trail mix prepared by my grandma. The other day, when I was lucky enough to spend some time with my sweet gram, we mixed up some of her newest version of trail mix to take along on on my upcoming trip. While this is one of the easiest recipes to whip up, the ingredients can also be easily substituted with others you would prefer. This makes a great snack for traveling, and will keep you feeling healthy and full while you are in the road. Mmm, mmm, this is tasty stuff!!

Do you have a favorite trail mix recipe? Please share- I'd love to know some different recipe ideas!



< Step 1: Chop nuts into bite size pieces to total 2 cups of each kind of nut >




< Step 2: Hug your helper >





< Step 3: Add 2 cups each dried dates... >




< And about 2 cups each of Oh's and chocolate chips. Basically 2 cups of each ingredient >




< Step 4: Combine everything in a big bowl and stir it gently until its mixed well >




< Step 5: Divide into snack bags and prepare to enjoy! >

No comments:

Post a Comment