Wednesday, September 5, 2012

One Dress, three ways

< One dress, three ways: work, brunch, and date night >

One of my favorite things to do is remix items in my closet to create totally different looks with the same items.  Typically, I try to always to remix the 'next' time I wear something I know I have recently worn, and I find this inspiring as I never really want to wear the same thing over and over.  Today I am happy to share three different looks, for three different occasions, with one single dress- and this is my first actual peplum look featured on the blog!  Thankfully accessories make a huge difference in how an item of clothing can be styled, and the accessories I wore with this dress provide the perfect example of this concept.  You can see different ways I have remixed other items from my closet here: 1, 2, 3.  If this post encourages you to remix some items from your wardrobe for different occasions, let me know!


< Outfit 1: business minded >
Perfect for: time at the office, business meetings
Dress: One Clothing (similar)
Vest: The Limited (old)
Heels and bag: Nine West (similar bag)
Jewelry: Briel (watch), LOFT, Tiffany (bracelets), The Limited (necklaces)


 < Outfit 2: feminine sweet >
Perfect for: brunch, church, daytime event
Dress: One Clothing
Belt: ON
Heels: Guess (love this studded version)
Purse: Steve Madden (similar here and here)
Jewelry: Relic (watch), BR, gifted (bracelets), heritage necklaces from my grandma


 < Outfit 3: Toughened up >
Perfect for: date night, happy hour, dinner with friends
Dress: One Clothing
Belt: Betsey Johnson
Jacket: Ross (old; similar)
Heels: Carlos Santana
Bag: Rebecca Minkoff (similar)
Jewelry: Target (earrings and bracelet)

No comments:

Post a Comment