Tuesday, November 29, 2011

DIY... shelves are made over!

< Before >

Finally happy to share a DIY makeover project that has been completed!  I first hinted at posting this project here, and am happy to announce that painting is complete and decorating is in progress!  Above, you can see a picture of two lovely bookcases in their original state, which were given to me by a very kind family member when an office was rearranged.  To help fill a long, blank wall in our house, these bookcases were sanded down and repainted a glossy white.  I love them in our house!  I still have a little redecorating to do in order to be totally happy with how the shelves are arranged, but that will come in time.  I also plan to color coordinate the books, instead of arranging them by category.  Tell me, what is your favorite way to arrange books and decorate shelves?


< During: shelf items are gathered in the cases while shelves are painted >


< After: shelves are installed, and the bookcases are filled with books, games, records, and decor >


< Before: with the exception of the piano, one vast, blank wall >


< After: Bookcases fill space on the wall, and books and decor fill space on the shelves >

2 comments:

  1. What a transformation! That wall is super long and I would have no idea what to do with it. Love this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these bookcases in white! There is still a lot of decorating to do with this long wall, but these are a great start in my own (humble) opinion! :-)

    ReplyDelete