Thursday, November 3, 2011

No one's gloomy or complaining While the flatware's entertaining

With the evenings feeling somewhat like fall, I am dreaming of delicious, hardy autumn dishes.  There are a few soups I am wanting to make (think: soup simmering all day long, filling your home with a mouth-watering aroma), some squash dishes I can't wait to whip up, and winter root vegetables I love cooking in the winter because, frankly, it reminds me of the women who started our great country.  While I have yet to actually make any of these fall culinary creations, I am happy to share with you a simple and filling family recipe for chicken enchiladas.  Definitely not light on the calories, but great when cooking for a crowd, and always a hit when my family has served it!

< White Chicken Enchiladas >


< Boil 4 breasts of chicken and shred >


< Mix together 3 cans cream of celery soup, 1 pint sour cream, and 1 can diced green chiles.  Add salt and pepper >


< Spread mixture on tortillas.  Top with shredded chicken and shredded jack cheese.  Roll into enchilada and place in casserole dish.  Repeat until dish is full.  Top enchiladas with remaining sauce mixture and cover with jack cheese.  Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes >


< Serve and enjoy! >

2 comments:

  1. Melanie, I have a positively wonderful potato salad that uses FRESH DILL and I will send it along to you soon if you want me to. Aunt Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to have your recipe, Aunt Wanda! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete