Thursday, March 15, 2012

Never iron a four leaf clover

< Welcoming wreath on the front door >

Can you believe that it is almost St. Patty's Day this year?  The middle of March is upon us much sooner than I have imagined.  Fortunately I took the chance a few days ago to put up a few thematic decorations for this month's holiday.  While there is mostly just a touch of St. Patrick's decor here and there around the house, eyeing these decorative displays of green brings a smile to my face- especially the green heart garland on my mantle that lights up each night!  For a peek at how I decorated the house last year (shortly after I started this blog!), look here.  Today marks the start of my St. Patrick's Day celebrations as I am off to a luncheon- what plans do you have to celebrate, Irish style, this year? (And why, you ask, never iron a four leaf clover? Because you shouldn't press your luck!)

May your blessings outnumber
The shamrocks that grow,
And may trouble avoid you
Wherever you go.
~Irish Blessing


< Shamrocks in green add St. Patrick's flair to the kitchen bar >


< Dining room table and kitchen table get a little luck o' the Irish too!>


< A garland is still one of my favorite ways to add a feeling of festivity!>


< A side table does not get left out of shamrock decor! >


< St. Patrick's Day decorations in the living room! >

 < A close up of the mantle display this year- the hearts light up at night and cast the softest glow! >

2 comments:

  1. Our Irish dinner was a little late this year but the family gathered. for corn-beef and cabbage with golden yukons and carrots and had birthday cake for a birthday Grandaughter to finish the delightful time. Better late than never!

    ReplyDelete