Thursday, March 17, 2011

Lucky Irish



Happy Saint Patrick's Day!  I love to decorate for holidays, and the 17th of March is no exception.  While neither my husband nor I are really Irish, these green decorations might imply that leprechauns do run around in here.  The wreath you see in the picture above is a plain woven wreath that I redecorate according to the season.  The decorations for this Saint Patrick's Day wreath were assembled with love by my sweet grandma, and now provide a warm welcome on the front door of our house.  I have a limited amount of Saint-Patrick's-Day-specific decorations, as decor for this holiday seems to be rare out there.  To supplement the shamrock and clover items for this holiday that I do have own, I use other green colored trinkets that I have around the house.  I have enjoyed seeing these decorations in our home over the past few weeks, and I hope that they bring you some St. Patty's day cheer today.  Whatever your plans are today have fun, be safe, and keep this Irish blessing on your heart:

"May the road rise up to meet you, may the wind be ever at your back.  May the sun shine warm upon your face and the rain fall softly on your fields.  And until we meet again, May God hold you in the hollow of his hand."


A shamrock garland strung across the fireplace mantle adds some sparkle to the greenery.  Green heart-shaped lights are colorful during the day, and glow softly in the evening. 


A paper banner hangs from the kitchen ceiling, making every day seem like a party.


A series of decorations line the breakfast bar- a cup filled with shamrocks,  moss globes atop clover, green candles and a pot of clover, and a green duck.


A close-up of the duck on the breakfast bar.  He always looks like a happy guy, but looked even happier when I adorned him with the St. Paddy's 'scarf.'


Shamrocks dangle from the wall in one corner of the kitchen, highlighting the green in the surrounding decor.


Clover-covered plates rest in a plate holder on the kitchen counter along with some green and blue patterned plates.


A small centerpiece on the kitchen table was easily compiled with a green bowl and some potatoes- shamrock cutouts attached to skewers add some height. A green tablecloth and green and blue striped tablecloths compliment the theme.


No comments:

Post a Comment