Monday, March 14, 2011

Where the Wild Things Are



One of my favorite childhood books was Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak.  I remember loving the magical aspect of Max's imagination, and the cuddly look of the big monsters.  When the movie came out in theaters, I was dying to see it, but still have yet to add it to my Netflix queue (today would be a great day to do this, yes?).  As I was reminded of this book the other day, I thought it would be fun to feature the 'wild things' that live in my house.  While nothing you see below is a large furry monster, the addition of animals reminds me of all of the beauty we witness in nature, and brings the joy of that beauty into indoor living space.


Kitchen chickens


A sweet white bird that nests by some houseplants


The precious little lamb that lives in the guest room


Love ducks smooching on a shelf


A starfish that lives in a powder room with other nautical accessories


Safari buddies that roam in the office

No comments:

Post a Comment