Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Classic Chocolate Chippers



Baking is one of my absolute favorite things to do.  While I do not consider myself a highly skilled chef by any means, I do have confidence in my baking abilities.  Rainy days are often inspiring as the perfect time to bake, and this past gray Saturday afternoon was just the time to indulge in the making of my favorite chocolate chip cookies.  I even splurged and added some Guittard Milk Chocolate Chips.  This is a recipe that I have enjoyed making since my high school years, and it still remains as a favorite among my family and friends.  And better yet, these are the first cookies to be stored in my new cute cookie jar (as shown here).

Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 and 1/3 cups shortening, softened
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
3 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 cups chopped walnuts (optional)
12 oz. chocolate chips
Combine shortening, sugars, eggs, and vanilla; mix well.  Add remaining ingredients and stir until well blended.  Drop by teaspoonfuls onto baking sheet.  Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes.  Enjoy!









No comments:

Post a Comment