Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Kitchen.org



Organizing is absolutely something I love to do.  Call me OCD, but I think that life runs much more smoothly when everything is organized.  A kitchen is one of the most challenging rooms to pack up or unpack when you move, yet it is one of the easiest rooms to keep organized because everything can have a home in cupboards, drawers, and pantry shelves.  Last week, I showed you some shelves I added to a previously empty wall in my kitchen to help with additional storage, and today I am sharing the way I have organized some of the cupboard shelves and pantry shelves original to the kitchen.  Grouping like items together in any room is a great way to make things look pulled together, and by using that same concept in your kitchen, the room can feel immediately organized when you open any door or drawer and see your sets of dishes or glassware grouped together.  If you take just 15 minutes, you will be surprised at the amount of organization you can accomplish in just one drawer or shelf in your kitchen.  And then you can be assured that when you open that kitchen cupboard or pantry door, something will make you smile.

A shallow drawer is just the right height for sandwich bags and aluminum foil


Another drawer is the perfect size for plastic storage; like-shaped containers are grouped together, as are like-shaped lids


An assortment of kitchen towels provide a nice pop of seasonal color in the kitchen throughout the year- grouped by color, these towels are easy to locate in a second 



Glass bowls and pitchers shine on a pantry shelf


Prior to last Christmas, I was down to a single casserole dish- thanks to the generosity of family and friends, I now have an abundance, which are arranged in a nice stack on a pantry shelf

No comments:

Post a Comment