Wednesday, September 14, 2011

S'more Please!

< Chocolate brownies + melted marshmallows + graham squares >


Sometimes I am called Martha.  Other times, I hear friends referring to me as Rachael.  Only one of my best friends has ever called me Sandra Lee, which is likely the most accurate nickname for me as semi-homemade is my motto in the kitchen, and table decorations are one of my pride and joys.  As I was left with leftover s'more supplies after last weekend's camping excursion, I decided to use these supplies to craft a semi-homemade dessert: S'More Brownies.  Actually, I am not sure that anything in this recipe is made by hand, unless you count cracking eggs and splitting graham crackers in the homemade category.  This is a treat that is usually enjoyed by all, and it is a great way to spice up a plain batch of brownies.  If you prefer camping from inside a 5-star hotel (this may or may not be my preference), these are the perfect s'mores for you!

Here are the easy-as-pie instructions for S'more  Brownies:
Prepare brownie mix and bake as directed.  During last 5 minutes of baking time, place marshmallows on top of brownies.  Return to oven to complete baking and allow the marshmallows to melt.  When baking time is through, gently spread melted marshmallows to cover the brownies.  Place graham cracker squares on top of melted marshmallows.  Allow to cool completely before serving.

Have a sweet Wednesday!


 < Supplies gathered >


 < Preparations for brownie mix >


 < Transfer brownie mix to baking pan so that mixing bowl can be licked clean >


 < Gather graham crackers and marshmallows >


 < Place marshmallows on almost-baked brownies and bake for 5 more minutes >


< Triple-layered-ooey-gooey-tastiness! >

4 comments:

  1. Seeing S'More Brownies made in your kitchen - w/old, familiar things - was just like being there! Tears and smiles, Gram

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gram, we will have to make these together with all of our familiar bowls and baking items!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brownies on the bottom = brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Val- pretty much the most delicious brownies ever!!

    ReplyDelete