Thursday, December 1, 2011

Paralleling Pippa

Happy first of December, everyone!  I cannot believe how fast this year is racing by- seriously, wasn't it just March three weeks ago?  Which reminds me, having started this blog back in March means that today marks the 10 month anniversary for Particularly Practically Pretty!  Thank you, dear 3P readers, for all of the support, encouragement, and love you have shown to me over the past 10 months.  Seriously, any time I receive a compliment about a post, the biggest smile appears on my face! 3P readers rock!

As the weather in my neck of the woods has recently turned considerably cold- cold for California weather, that is- I am happily layering and bundling up in sweaters, scarves, and jackets (as you can see from outfits posts herehere, and here).  Knowing that weather in London is also cold (as I heard this first-hand from my best friend who is currently living over there), I thought it would be fun to take some outfit inspiration from one of London's most watched women: Ms. Pippa Middleton herself!  I love how practical yet feminine and fun Pippa's style is, and seeing that she has an arsenal of black tights is encouraging me to configure these into my clothing choices more often.  Most of the outfits shots I see of Pippa are totally work appropriate for me, so I chose some of my most recent favorites and perused my closet to come up with workwear inspired by the Duchess' sister.  Thanks, Ms. Middleton!


- My outfit -
Inspiration picture via InStyle.com
Dress: The Limited (old)
Blazer: Talbots (old)
Tights and satchel: TJ Maxx
Wedge boots: Madden Girl



- My outfit -
 Inspiration picture via InStyle.com
Dress: Calvin Klein (originally seen here, also seen here)
Blazer: Talbots (old)
Scarf: H&M
Tights: Target
Boots: Chinese Laundry
Earrings: Ross
Purse: Liz Claiborne



- My outfit -
 Inspiration picture via InStyle.com
Dress: BCBG
Sweater: WHBM
Tights: Target
Boots: TJ Maxx
Purse: Nine West
Ring: F21




- My outfit -
 Inspiration picture via InStyle.com
Dress: The Limited
Blazer: Tahari
Tights: Target
Boots: Chinese Laundry
Purse: Liz Claiborne



(PS- Earlier this year I also created some outfits based on Duchess Katherine's style... you can see those outfits here)

2 comments:

  1. Love this post! This is a slightly different look for you and I am digging it! Especially like the short ankle boots with the dark tights in the first outfit. Hot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, a little different look and kind of fun, right? Thanks so much! If you wear any Pippa-inspired outfits, please share!

    ReplyDelete