Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Antique Inspiration

< Silver treasures posed on a tried and true shelf >


Yesterday I mentioned my weekend stop at my new favorite vintage boutique, The Tattered House.  While I basically just breezed through the treasure-filled rooms in this shop, I took the time to snap a few pictures of inspirational displays that brought a smile to my face (and I am really trying to do this same thing more often now that I write this blog!).  The collection of shiny and not-so-shiny silver, as well as a smattering of clear glass items displayed on this shelf unit caught my eye not only because of its simplistic beauty, but also because the color contrast of the wooden shelf and pewter antiques was so subtly striking.  I may even now be motivated to pull out the few silver items I own and create a small display in my house, but in the meantime I have formulated a few outfits based on the enjoyment I found in the combined color presentation of gray and tan.




For a casual spring work day, a crinkled skirt and a lightweight cardigan make for an easy and pulled-together outfit.  Tawny colored shoes, belt and bag anchor the outfit, and silver jewelry adds just the right amount of daytime sparkle.





For a dressy yet cozy weekend outfit, pair interestingly designed jersey and natural fabrics with your favorite strappy heeled sandals.  Small details in silver accessories bump this look up a notch.

No comments:

Post a Comment