Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Penelope's lilac

< Penelope Cruz at the Cannes Film Festival, photo courtesy of InStyle >


Sometimes the red carpet styles that stars wear crack me up, and other times I want to imitate the style immediately.  When I saw this picture of Penelope Cruz on the red carpet at the Cannes Film Festival, I instantly loved her dress.  Although I am sure it would be difficult to walk in gracefully, the muted lilac color is so striking against the red carpet and so lovely on Ms. Cruz.  While I am not completely sure of the other color in this dress underneath the tulle overlay, I was reminded of a skirt hanging in my closet:




I have had this skirt for several years, and love the pastel colors and lady-like feel.  When I wear this on the next sunny, warm day that appears, I will absolutely be thinking of carrying myself like Penelope Cruz on the red carpet.  And because of the main yellow and lilac colors in the above skirt, today's fashion post is based upon both work and weekend outfits in these hues.  Enjoy!











No comments:

Post a Comment