Friday, May 27, 2011

Obsessed: Green with envy

< The Curtain Dress >


Ever since taking a long movie break to watch Gone With The Wind with my BFF a few weekends ago, I cannot stop thinking about the green 'curtain dress' Scarlet wore to go see Rex while he is being held captive.  This was my favorite dress in the whole movie when I was younger, and as I watched the fashion in this film the other day, I realized that I pretty much love every dress that Vivien Leigh wears in this classic movie.  Green has been the main topic of a previous Obsessed post (as seen here), but today's green obsessions revolve around house decorations, fashion, and other emerald-hued items that inspire me to add the color of the Luck o' the Irish into my life.

Whatever your plans are for this Memorial Day weekend, have a great next three days!


< Ever since eying this daybed via a post from Sea of Shoes, I am hunting for a green velvet daybed cushion for the living room makeover I am dreaming of completing.  Photo credit: Manny Rodriguez >


< Ginnifer Goodwin went green with her dress and jewelry for the MET Costume Institute Gala.  I am not completely loving the side cutouts of her dress, but the longs sleeves, high slit, and sparkling jewels are stunning.  Photo credit: InStyle >



< This green nail polish brings the lines from the "Follow the Yellow Brick Road" song to mind, but the name cracks me up: Trophy Wife >


< Angelina's substantial emerald earrings from the 2009 Oscars are unforgettable.  Leave it to Kyle Richards to don a fabulous recreation and spike the hype of this earring design once more.  Even Kelly Ripa joined in on the trend (sorry Kelly, not the most flattering picture!).  Photo credit:  InStyle >


< How elegant is this spring/summer table setting?  I will be looking for some green glass dishes to add to my cupboards.  Photo Credit: Country Living >

1 comment:

  1. This one is my FAVORITE!
    http://getglamorous.blogspot.com/2007/11/keira-knightley-and-atonement-green.html

    ReplyDelete