Friday, June 3, 2011

Obsessed: Jewel Tones

< A lakeside villa filled with jewel tones via Elle Decor >

Hooray for Friday!  Somehow this short week has been somewhat long, but all in all it was a very productive few days.  Even though I often think of jewel tones as wintry colors, they can really be used year-round with the right combination of additional hues.  As I flipped through the slide show Elle Decor compiled of this beautiful lakeside villa (back garden pictured above), I was in awe of the rich colors, traditional decor, and elegant ambiance comprised inside this amazing home in Switzerland.  But then again, can you expect any other kind of home presentation when the couple that resides there is none other than Fawaz Gruosi ( founder and designer of luxury watch and jewelry brand  De Grisogono), and and Caroline Gruosi-Scheufele (current copresident of Chopard)?  The rich reds, sharp yellows, and splashes of other jewel-hued primary colors have me obsessed with this lavish look of luxury.  The sets below are dreamy visions of how I might incorporate this opulent color palette into my own life in an appropriate manner.  Tell me, do you love jewel tones?  How do you wear them and decorate with these colors?

Have a great weekend!









No comments:

Post a Comment