Thursday, June 30, 2011

Independent Decorating

< The wreath on our front door, accented with a patriotic addition >

Can you believe that Independence Day is next Monday??  I mean, where-oh-where have the months gone this year?  If time is flying by for you like it is flying by for me, it must mean we are all having fun!  In the spirit of July 4th and all that this holiday means for our nation, I love putting up some red, white and blue decor around the house to celebrate.  Honestly, I love decorating for each and every holiday, as you may now have guessed by perusing through the archives of this blog.  There is something about Fourth of July decor, however, that brightens my spirits so- feelings of patriotism, thankfulness for freedom, and memories of great summers are all evoked.  I am not sure what my husband and I will be doing to celebrate July 4th this year, but I hope my plans will include time on or by the water, a great barbecue with good friends, and plenty of "ooh-ing" and "ahh-ing" over bright fireworks bursting in the dark night sky!

I leave you today with these awesome words: "And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes, and our sacred Honor."


< A little red and white added to the blue in our front entryway >


< Candles and holders create a festive centerpiece >


< Bunting adds some festivity to the kitchen ceiling! >


< Simple, summery, 4th-themed items decorate the kitchen table >


< Flag decor brightens up a kitchen corner >


< Love this little family of flag-waving ducks! >


< And of course, one of my favorite places to decorate- the mini hearth on our fireplace - gets a splash of red, white, and blue >

No comments:

Post a Comment